Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Countdown Begins

It's less than 72 hours until we fly out of Nashville International Airport and Harry and I are geared up and ready to go. We'll fly out Friday to Dallas Texas on American Airlines, switch to British Airways to London England, then change flights to Chennai India. From there we will have an 11 hour train and car ride before we can get a little rest. I suspect we'll be too hyped up to rest very long though and will pretty much hit the ground running. In my previous line of work I traveled by air a lot domestically and flying doesn't bother me, however, I haven't flown overseas since I was a young man in the military. These flights are really long. I have plenty to keep me busy on the flight; studying my sermon material, reading books and listening to music. I'm sure Harry will be reminiscing about previous trips to India and his experiences with our brethren there. Harry and I are very much alike when it comes to talking; we could both talk to a tree stump and have a good conversation!

Debbie, my beautiful wife of thirty years, supports the work being done in India and me going, but she is not happy about be being gone for over a month. She once was accustomed to long separations while I was in the military and for the years I spent on the road driving trucks, but I've been home for two years now without any significant time apart. Now-a-days we have ways to keep in touch without running up big phone bills. I've set up Skype accounts so we see and talk to one another via computers. Pretty cool!

Thanks to all who have helped to make this mission trip possible. I will post here more often now that we are about to leave and there is more to talk about! Pray for the work being done in India and for our safe travels.

2 comments:

  1. Have you had Southern Indian food yet? I know I am in heaven eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I'm sooo excited to see y'alls experiences with India!! If you need any blog advice just post on my blog kimberlywasher.blogspot.com or email me kimberlywasher@gmail.com. I have been blogging for a while and can help if you have any questions (hopefully). Have fun and be safe!! Wish we could be in India with you!! We'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete